This mixture is then heated for several days, stirring constantly. The mixture is allowed to stand until ready, then poured into a mould and allowed to set slightly. While still soft it is cut into bars, stamped, and left to completely harden. The whole process can take up to a month. Le Chatelard 1802 Savon de Marseille Soaps. All soaps are handmade in Le Chatelard’s workshops in St Auban sur Ouvèze, Provence (France). Because of its neutral pH formula, which does not dry the skin, their soaps provide an intense source of hydration and softness. Delicately perfumed with flowers, fruit and other natural ingredients, they offer a rich lather that nourishes, moisturises and perfumes the skin.
- Sandalwood: Sacred and used throughout time in Asian cultures as an honorary wood to deities, with effigies often being carved from the wood. A great one to utilise whilst meditating to reach higher spiritual realms and to balance the chakra. Normally a base staple for any pagan or holistic cupboard, it allows access to higher self during meditation by raising vibrations within the space. With this in mind it aids psychic development, especially when teamed with another resin scent that increases psychic energies, so perhaps burn frankincense or myrrh during your bathroom routine, or use these whilst meditating after your shower/bath using this soap to get you more in the zone? Used in spells relating to luck and enhancing wishes. Provides balance and purifies the soul and is a great one for any spiritual ritual.
In short: Higher vibrations, Balancing, Psychic Development, Luck, Wishes, Spiritual Magick.
Deities: Any female deities, such as Freya, Isis, Brighid, Rhiannon, Tara, Selene, Diana
- Vervain/ Verbena: A super herb which aids any magick! Known as the “Enchanter’s Herb” it serves all purposes so is definitely one to have in your cabinet of curiosities! It is one of my super herbs! Used for protection when invoking spirits, worn as a personal amulet for protection during workings or everyday, protection spells are a must with this herb! Infusions made from Vervain are sprinkled on floors as it chases evil/negative forces away. Normally used as an exorcism incense (great when combined with rosemary, rue and other protective herbs or as a purifying bath sachet) this may assist you with clearing yourself of unwanted energies so that they do not “stick”.. Said to bring peace, it reduces negative energy when used - great for us empaths who seem to carry it like a weight unless we clear it away, so is a good herb to use everyday to send back those negative vibes and protect your aura. An all round healing herb, it can be used to relieve things such as stress, headaches and anxiety. It can is a great psychic opener and magickal ingredient to see the future, fulfil wishes, attract love, protect against enchantment. If you have artistic block, vervain may assist with inspiring a person and increase artistic skill. Used prior to divination purposes, as well as money and prosperity spells. Oh it also is said to assist with communicating with nature and nature spirits. So as you can see this “herb” does a bit of everything!
In short: All purpose, Purification & Protection, Blessings, Communing with Nature, Stress Relief, Divination, Abundance & Prosperity, Healing, Reversing, Blessings & Rituals, Improves Inspiration & Artistic Skill, Happiness.
Deities: Freya, Cerridwen, Venus, Mars, Isis, Jupiter, Thor, Juno, Aradia, Nehallennia, Njord, Tyr, Weiland, Hecate, Morrigan, Nanna
- Rose: A feminine energy, the Goddess Isis is tied to this flower (as a goddess of life, beauty and Magick) whose hieroglyph depicts a doorway or portal signifying a gateway to knowledge and higher power. Other deities include; Aphrodite, Eros and Adonis, not forgetting Venus who this flower is also ruled by. It’s element is water and sign Libra. Roses can be used to substitute any flower in a spell, so you could use it prior to most spell work utilising flora. Often associated with love and lust, roses are commonly used in love or attraction spells. Unleash your inner beauty by taking a shower or bath with this soap to make you feel tip-top. Rose can be used to invoke Goddess and for healing spells. If you lack confidence, happiness or luck then use your rosy scented gorgeousness to spells concerning these issues.
In short: Magick: Love/Lust, Confidence, Luck, Beauty, Psychic Power, Healing, Portal, Happiness.
Deities: Isis, Aphrodite, Adonis, Eros, Venus, Aset, Heimdall, Idunna, Nanna, Nehallennia, Nerthus, Sif, Sigyn, Sjofna
- Patchouli: An ancient herb used in many Asian cultures has a really strong, earthy floral scent, the oil of which seems to improve with age! Feminine in its attributes it can be used in a variety of feminine based magickal practices. The herb may be used in attraction spells or rituals and it is suitable for both males and females. In use for attraction, it also proves useful for money and prosperity magic, so can be used in its variety of forms for this purpose. Whether it be adding the herb to candle mixes, anointing a green candle with the oil or placing the dried herb into money sachets/wallets. In more recent Hoodoo practices however, the herb has been used for separation magick and has no long standing tradition for this purpose. Promotes passion, love and lust, great for instilling a little something extra to a relationship. Used in its forms for divination and clairvoyance, so can be burned as an incense with other herbs or resins with this nature, added to a blend of oils for anointing oneself, spiritual bath or burning in an oil burner. Used in fertility magick and can be added to sachets, baths, incense and oils. Useful in place of Graveyard Dust if you do not possess the item in your armoury. The oil can be used as a fixative for others in a blend. This soap therefore should prove useful prior to working related to the magick or rituals mentioned, in order for you to charge yourself with the intent.
In Short: Magick: Clairvoyance, Divination, Fertility, Lust, Love, Attraction, Passion, Money, Wealth
Planet: Saturn/ Venus
Deities: Ishtar, Aphrodite, Venus, Isis, Ashtoreth
- Vanilla: A sultry scent, by far the Queen of Magical smells, Vanilla is one of the most loved ingredients in the history of witchcraft- if not mankind in general. The expansive and drawing power of vanilla does not take by surprise any witch that knows his/her craft. In old spell books, it is always one of the main ingredients in spells of love, sensuality, seduction, peace, dreams, luck and good business. For those who want to instils passion before bed....use this! Especially if you are in the market for ahem...nookie magick.
In Short: Calming, Consoling, Soothing, Improves energy, Promotes a happy and healthy environment, Attracts good fortune, Enhances mental stimulation, Luck, Sensual magick
Deities: Venus, Xanath,
Does not dry the skin
Not tested on animals
No preservatives, parabens, animal fats, anti-oxidants, glycol ether, PEG or petrochemical derivatives