Wow! Small, delicate but certainly packing a fragrant punch! Song of India Natural Fragrant Oil (Much like Attar Oil) is made from pure Essential Oils extracted from flowers, leaves, roots and wood. These are the most long lasting fragrances in the world with a shelf life of between 5-15 years! As they get older they mature and become darker, thicker and more pleasant in fragrance. Each 5ml dose of super concentrated oil comes in a hand blown artisanal glass bottle, which look great at any altar, dressing table and the best bit is that it can be repurposed for your magickal makes afterwards!
- Sandalwood: Sacred and used throughout time in Asian cultures as an honorary wood to deities, with effigies often being carved from the wood. A great one to utilise whilst meditating to reach higher spiritual realms and to balance the chakra. Normally a base staple for any pagan or holistic cupboard, it allows access to higher self during meditation by raising vibrations within the space. With this in mind it aids psychic development, especially when teamed with another resinous oil that increases psychic energies, so perhaps place as your perfume whilst meditating to get you more in the zone? Used quite often in spells relating to luck and enhancing wishes, so by wearing its scent may assist you during this type of working. Provides balance and purifies the soul and is a great one to wear for any spiritual ritual.
In short: Higher vibrations, Balancing, Psychic Development, Luck, Wishes, Spiritual Magick.
Deities: Any female deities, such as Freya, Isis, Brighid, Rhiannon, Tara, Selene, Diana
- Patchouli: An ancient herb used in many Asian cultures has a really strong, earthy floral scent, the oil of which seems to improve with age! Feminine in its attributes it can be used in a variety of feminine based magickal practices. The oil may be used in attraction spells or rituals and it is suitable for both males and females. In use for attraction, it also proves useful for money and prosperity magic, so can be used in its variety of forms for this purpose. Whether it be adding to candle mixes, anointing a green candle with the oil or placing the adding into money sachets/wallets. In more recent Hoodoo practices however, it has been used for separation magick and has no long standing tradition for this purpose. Promotes passion, love and lust, great for instilling a little something extra to a relationship. Used in its forms for divination and clairvoyance, so can be worn with other herbs or resins with this nature, added to a blend of oils for anointing oneself, spiritual bath or burning in an oil burner. Used in fertility magick and can be added to sachets, baths, incense and oils. The oil can be used as a fixative for others in a blend.
In Short: Magick: Clairvoyance, Divination, Fertility, Lust, Love, Attraction, Passion, Money, Wealth
Planet: Saturn/ Venus
Deities: Ishtar, Aphrodite, Venus, Isis, Ashtoreth
- Lily of the Valley: Lily of the Valley (Convallaria majalis) sometimes is called Fairy Cups, because the flowers resemble cups the fairies may have hung so that they could dance. The fragrance of Lily of the Valley is believed to attract nightingales, and to give us the power to see a better world. Perhaps this is why, in the language of flowers, Lily-of-the-Valley symbolises the return of happiness. Further, they represent sweetness, humility and purity. It is also believed that the flower is in honor of Maia, the daughter of the mythological Atlas, the oldest of the Seven Sisters and the goddess of growth, increase, fields, and spring. She and Zeus are the parents of Hermes (Mercury), and so she is the grandmother of magick, which was invented by her son Hermes.Use this oil to anoint candles, and burn the candles to aid in divination or ceremonial magic.
- Planet: Mercury
- Element: Air
- Magickal Influences: Peace, Conscious Mind, Memory, Attracts Fairies
- Neroli: Neroli is used in magical aromatherapy for spells and rituals of self-purification, courage, Love and Luck. Inhale the beautiful scent of the orange blossom while visualising the scent burning away negative thoughts, feelings and habits. Envision yourself as being happy, whole and without negative thought-patterns that bring you down, Neroli uplifts the spirit and the mind, bringing you back to a peaceful state of mind. A wonderful ally in purification magick due to it's connection with the Sun and revitalising power. It is a wonderful women's oil that relieves symptoms of PMT and menopause. Attunes the heart chakra to the vibration of love, it can be used to get in touch with one's feminine energy and sensuality as well as providing you with that all important need for self-love.
In short: Uplifting, Courage, Love, Luck, Purification, Aphrodisiac, Women’s issues
Deities: Aphrodite, Venus, Lakshmi, Isis, Eros
Honeysuckle: Honeysuckle graces many a garden with its nectary fragrance and cheery blooms of ivory, pink, and yellow. Honeysuckle is said to attract friends, bring in luck, and sustain love in the home where it grows, so by wearing its heady fragrance bring some of these attributes during your everyday. Honeysuckle is apparently liked by Faeries, and is essential if you wish to court their presence in your home! Magickally, Honeysuckle is used for all manner of “sweetening” spells. Its specialties are workings to enhance love and sexuality. But Honeysuckle is also cultivated for good luck and prosperity. It can be added to all spells of gain to add a touch of sweetness to their energy. Like most heady florals, Honeysuckle has folkloric associations with psychic vision and dreaming. The voluptuous fragrance and eye-catching color of Honeysuckle make it primarily a Venus herb. (Some writers have attributed it to Jupiter, which also makes sense because Honeysuckle grows like crazy and is supposed to bring luck. There’s a dash of Lunar energy in there, too.) Honeysuckle’s green smell and hidden nectar imply a correspondence with Water, but some also assign it to Earth. It doesn’t matter, really, as long as you remember this is one sweet and sexy herb.
Wear Honeysuckle perfume to inspire others to be generous to you.
In short: Fae Magick (attracting the Fae), Generosity, Luck, Love, Psychic Visions, Dreams, Money
Element: Water/ Earth
Planet: Venus (or Jupiter depending on what you read)
Deities: Fae, Cerridwen, Venus, Aphrodite, Isis
How to open: Dip the neck of your artistic hand-made bottle in lukewarm water for 30 seconds. Gently twist to open the lid. Remove the seal from the lid while it is still wet. A great amount of care is required while handling and opening of this bottle.